Search This Blog

Tuesday 30 August 2011

An Italian Romance

I will follow you from port to port
Reggio to Naples and further.
In your white dress shirt
I will follow you
Fitting in at left back
Or centre back
Or on the left of a three at the back
Because really you always have three at the back
How did I forget.

I took you from port to port
Reggio to Naples and further.
Amaranto to Azzurri
I will find a place
To fit you in to my team
Probably on the left
Of three at the back
Because I always play that.

I never score
Hardly run
Not that great in the tackle
But I can be shoehorned in
To any position
On the left or at the back.
This is why you love me
My versatility
And because I cost very little.

The perfect sub
You cover so many positions
I can keep you around
For years and years
I know you'll never grumble
Had I gone to Juve
I'd have taken you there
Flee up to the north
A great return for you
Surely you'd have been
Perfect back up for Chiellini.